Honolulu, Hawaii Residential & Commercial Mold Remediation Services
Mold can be virtually anywhere. As long as there’s a lot of moisture in the environment, mold can thrive in roofs, pipes, windows, upholstery, ceiling tiles, carpets, and even wallpaper. Especially if you’ve just recently suffered a flood, mold can easily attach itself to your property and belongings.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Cladosporium, Penicillium, and Aspergillus are the most common types of indoor mold. Certain molds may even be toxigenic, which means they tend to produce hazardous mycotoxins. When left unchecked, these can cause negative health effects, from the simple stuffy nose to a full-blown asthma attack or respiratory illness.
Ensure the safety of others and your property by preventing mold from taking over. Act now and call us at Rescue One Restoration at (808) 745-1608 for professional mold removal, remediation, and abatement services.
Learn more about mold and how Rescue One Restoration can help you remove the potential health-risk from your home or business.
Oahu Mold Removal Service
What Is Mold Remediation, Removal, And Abatement?
These three terms are often used interchangeably and, while they may seem to refer to similar processes, each one pertains to a specific step that must be taken to get rid of mold. To put it simply:
- Removal: steps taken to remove the presence of mold.
- Remediation: to fix or repair the damage mold has caused.
- Abatement: employing best practices to keep mold from coming back.
Without these three crucial steps, mold will likely recur and potentially cause more damage. This is why it’s important to hire professionals like Rescue One Restoration to make sure that you’ve pulled out all the stops to fight mold infestations.
*Information Continued Below*
Request Service / Get An Estimate
How Dangerous Is Mold?
As mentioned, moisture is the primary cause of mold, and it can occur both indoors and outdoors. Unknown to a lot of people, mold can affect not only those with existing respiratory illnesses, but also those who are generally healthy and do not exhibit any respiratory illness-related symptoms.
In fact, sufficient evidence was found by the Institute of Medicine to link indoor mold exposure to coughing, wheezing, and other upper respiratory tract symptoms in people who are otherwise healthy.
Other similar studies also found that children may develop asthma due to early mold exposure, particularly those who may be genetically predisposed to such a condition. Additionally, people with immune suppression or underlying lung diseases are most at risk of experiencing fungal infections due to mold.
How Can You Prevent Mold Growth?
Aside from calling mold removal experts like Rescue One Restoration, you can prevent mold growth and proliferation through the following steps:
- Keep humidity levels between 30% and 50%.
- Immediately fix leaky roofs, pipes, and windows.
- Make sure that your building has proper ventilation.
- During humid months, use an air conditioner or dehumidifier.
- Keep carpets away from basements and bathrooms, which generally have higher moisture levels compared to other parts of buildings.
- When using bleach to clean up mold, never mix it with ammonia or other household cleaners to avoid inhaling toxic fumes
The Rescue One Restoration Process
Rescue One Restoration takes specific steps in dealing with your mold problem, regardless of its severity. To ensure the successful removal, remediation, and abatement of mold, we employ the following strategies and tailor them to your property’s needs:
- Assessing mold growth: This goes beyond just addressing mold growth that’s immediately visible. Mold can attach itself to the smallest or most hidden of surfaces, which is why it’s important to locate the root cause of the problem. Whether there’s a leak or recurring moisture buildup inside your property, our goal is to identify the source and formulate our next steps from there.
- Outlining a remediation plan: After assessing the true extent of mold growth in your property, we will come up with a remediation plan to address your mold situation. Our remediation plan includes outlining the necessary steps to take, such as what kind of testing is needed, if the home or building owners should be temporarily relocated, the time frame in which the work will be completed, and what specific action plans should be done to repair or manage the damage caused by mold growth.
- Identifying and addressing the severity of mold contamination: Isolating areas contaminated with mold is the first step to a successful cleanup. Repairing areas with water problems and sealing all leaks or cracks is also crucial in minimizing or eliminating moisture buildup. Misting contaminated areas will suppress dust, contaminated materials will be disposed of, and areas affected by mold will be cleaned until they are free of contamination and debris. Additionally, HEPA filters will be used to regulate humidity levels to keep mold from developing once more.
- Assessing a successful cleanup: Once these steps have been put into place, we will make a thorough assessment of whether the approach was a success, or if further cleaning needs to be done. There should be no signs of mold, dust, and water damage. The smell of mold should also be eliminated as unpleasant odors can point to existing mold. We will also come up with a comprehensive moisture management plan to ensure continuous mold prevention and long-term elimination.
Work With The Pros And Get Rid Of Mold Today
Many people make the mistake of ignoring mold growth in their property, thinking it won’t have adverse effects to their health and surroundings. Mold growth is a serious issue that can cause severe health issues when left unaddressed or ignored, not to mention significant damage to your property. Don’t wait until it gets out of hand — call us Rescue One Restoration at (808) 745-1608 to get the best and most thorough mold removal services in Oahu today.